Policy Regarding Stockholder Recommendations of Director Nominees
The Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee (the “Committee”) of the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of MannKind Corporation (“MannKind”) will consider director candidates recommended by MannKind stockholders. Stockholders who wish to recommend individuals for consideration by the Committee to become nominees for election to the Board at an annual meeting of stockholders must do so by delivering at least 120 days prior to the anniversary date of the mailing of MannKind’s proxy statement for its last annual meeting of stockholders a written recommendation to the Committee c/o MannKind Corporation, 30930 Russell Ranch Road, Suite 301, Westlake Village, California 91362, Attn: Corporate Secretary. Each submission must set forth:
- the name and address of the MannKind stockholder on whose behalf the submission is made;
- the number of MannKind shares that are owned beneficially by such stockholder as of the date of the submission;
- the full name of the proposed candidate;
- a description of the proposed candidate’s business experience for at least the previous five years;
- complete biographical information for the proposed candidate; and
- a description of the proposed candidate’s qualifications as a director.
- Each submission must be accompanied by the written consent of the proposed candidate to be named as a nominee and to serve as a director if elected.